22 August, 2018

COLD DRINKS PT. 2


Summer is slowly coming to end therefore to enjoy it a little more I am sharing some recipes of cold drinks that I tried and loved. Last year I tried different fun recipes and found some of my favorite drinks that I make through the whole year (you can find them here). This year I wanted to try some lemonade recipes and new iced coffee recipes as well.

CARAMEL FRAPPUCINO
Yes, another caramel coffee drink but I don't mind because caramel flavour is my favorite. I am sure you can use chocolate, hazelnut or other flavours instead because recipe is very basic. Actually ingredients for this drink are the same as for the caramel macchiato one. Since it's "frappucino" everything is blended together.

Recipe (one serving)
Blend 3/4 cup ice cubes, 1/2 cup cold milk (of your choice), 1 tbsp caramel syrup (or any other syrup for coffee) and 1 or 2 shots of espresso until smooth. Top with whipped cream and drizzle caramel sauce on top. 

CONDENSED MILK MOCHA
Mocha was the sweetest coffee drink from all I've tried. Of course with every recipe you can manage how strong you want it coffee wise or how sweet you want it with additional sweeteners. I love condensed milk and gladly it turned out very delicious!

Recipe (two servings)
Mix 1-2 shots of espresso, 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder, few tbsps of condensed milk and 1 cup regular milk (or any of your choice) together. Add some ice cubes.

MARS MILKSHAKE
OMG, this is so so so tasty! I think it's the best milkshake I've ever made at home. Perfect mix of chocolate, caramel and ice cream!

Recipe (two servings)
Mix 0,5 l of chocolate ice cream, 1 large Mars chocolate bar, 1 tbsp caramel sauce and 1 cup milk together until smooth. Serve with whipped cream, chocolate chunks (1 large Mars bar cut into cubes) and some caramel sauce on top.

KINDER BUENO MILKSHAKE
Another milkshake with chocolate bars. You can use any other chocolate you want to create a milkshake with your favorite one. Kinder Bueno milkshake is thinner and less saturated than previous one and doesn't taste too sweet.

Recipe (two servings)
Mix 0,5 l of vanilla ice cream, 2 Kinder Bueno sticks, 1 cup milk and 1 tbsp chocolate sauce together. Top with whipped cream, another 2 Kinder Bueno sticks and chocolate sauce on top.

WATERMELON-COCONUT LEMONADE
Watermelon lemonade is refreshing and delicious. It doesn't have sugar in it so it tastes more like juice. Make sure to use fresh and tasty watermelon and if you don't like coconut flavour, you can skip it.

Recipe (two to three servings)
Put 3 cups cubed watermelon, 1 cup coconut water, juice of 1 lime and mint (optional) in a blender and blend until as smooth as possible. Serve with ice cubes and sliced watermelon on glass.

BLACK LEMONADE
When I first saw pictures of black lemonade on the internet I was little scared of how it would taste and if it would be actually enjoyable. To make this lemonade black, activated charcoal is used and you don't need much so it won't be too crazy for your stomach. I actually found good benefits of the black lemonade as it helps to remove toxins from the body. I used sugar in this recipe to make this drink more like lemonade rather than juice but if you want it to make as a healthy drink that will detoxify your body then use stevia or 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt.

Recipe (one serving)
In the juice of 1 lemon, add finely ground powder of 2-4 activated charcoal tablets, 2 tsp sugar and 1 cup water and mix everything together. Enjoy!


Finding good and delicious cold drinks is one of my favorite things to do during the summer and I love to share my favorites with you. I hope you are inspired to create one of these or any other delicious drink to enjoy while summer is still here!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of drink recipes! It's so important to stay hydrated in the summer. Thank you for sharing this post with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.
    Flavored water

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. energy drink in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to learn! Thiswebsite’s online brand naming course was creative and informative at the same! I would highly recommend it! best nitro cold brew maker

    ReplyDelete