04 May, 2018

COMPLEXION MAKEUP


I wanted to share a post about drugstore face makeup that I've been using these past weeks. Every time I checked social media, I saw good (or bad) review about at least one of these products so I really wanted to try them myself and see how they work for my skin. Finally I got a chance to sit down and write my thoughts about the products.


First step - primer. Lately I've been so obsessed with pipette-applicator packaging and when I saw this primer from Catrice Cosmetics I wanted to buy it immediately. I was a little bit unsure about shimmering primer as my skin tends to get shiny. I was afraid of greasy finish but when I apply this primer it dries down. It's so beautiful on its own, it would be perfect on just bare skin for summer. If you don't use makeup daily, it would be so pretty on the entire face or cheeks and also on the shoulders and collarbones. 

When it comes to foundation, it's so hard for me to find the right type and shade (f.e., look at the difference between matte foundation and other one, haha) of foundation that would look good on my skin. Last month I heard about this LA Girl Pro Matte foundation and wanted to try it as it promises matte and buildable coverage. I chose the shade 'beige' and it matched my skin tone perfectly. For me, the foundation looks better if applied with sponge.

Recently, I got another foundation that I wanted to try for a long time. It's HD Liquid Coverage foundation from Catrice Cosmetics and oh wow, it's one of the best foundations I've ever tried. I feel like it may be my new favorite drugstore foundation. It's long-lasting and mattifying so you don't even need to set it with powder if you don't like powdery finish, you can layer this foundation to get full coverage but it won't feel heavy and greasy.  

Concealer. I bought Liquid Camouflage concealer (also from Catrice Cosmetics) as it's one of the best I've ever tried. It has such a good coverage and brightens my under eye very well. Only bad thing about this product is that it oxidizes a little bit on my skin but I chose the lightest shade so it looks good anyway.

Setting powder. The best powder that actually sets my makeup and keeps my skin matte for longer - RCMA No Color Powder. I've heard lots of things about it and finally got to try it. My skin looks smooth, makeup lasts longer and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. This is the only powder that works for me and keeps my skin matte for longer than hour or two.
I am impressed with the quality, size and price of the powder!

Another powder that I love - matte bronzer. I bought NYX Matte Bronzer in the shade 'deep' which suits my skin tone very well. It's not too orange nor too mudy. It's super pigmented and blends like a dream!

I had no problems combining these products together as they only complimented each other and didn't cause me any problems. Perfect combo for achieving full coverage good-looking skin!
I am very happy with the amazing quality of each product (especially because every product is affordable). 

No comments:

Post a Comment