27 May, 2018

RECENT MAKEUP LOOKS

Hello there! Since the spring/summer weather is finally here (thank God no snow in May), I've been super inspired by bright colors. Usually I stick to neutral earth tones since it's easy to match neutral things but this season I've been loving to use bright colors for accents like nails, accessories and of course - makeup. My everyday makeup (if I have one) consists of neutral colors so in my free time I take my bright palettes out of shelves and create bright looks. I wanted to share my two recent looks that I actually was so satisfied and happy with.


With this look I wanted to focus on bold colors therefore I didn't use any difficult techniques but blended eyeshadows all over the lid and out beyond the lid - towards the temple. My goal was to combine two very bright, bold colors together that I haven't combined before. For example, blue eyeshadows paired with red lipstick is my least favorite look ever but I wanted to create a look with similar tones but one that I could actually like and want to recreate in the future. When I finished this look I was a little bit unsure about combination (I felt that my lips were still too plum/red) but after taking pictures I actually became obsessed. For the lips I used Jeffree Star Cosmetics lipstick in the shade 'androgyny' and it is the most perfect sultry, plum mauve shade. It looks incredible with bright eyeshadows. This look gives me a retro vibe with perfect tones and shades.


This is another look I did recently. My inspiration was spring flowers, more precisely lilacs. I used different shades of purple on the eyes as well as on the lips. It's been a long time since I created eye look without using cut crease. I simply blended eye shadows from lightest to darkest. I also used a little bit of glitter for under eye accents. On the lips I created simple ombre look with bold purple lipsticks.

Look with bold, colorful lips is one of my favorites because it is such an art to rock purple, bright blue or green lips. I would never go somewhere with such bright lipstick but for the experiment or the pictures - I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment