25 December, 2017

HOT DRINKS


I can’t imagine Holiday season without hot drinks, my favorite thing to do is to make a good cup of hot drink. It makes your day or evening so cozy. Imagine having a good cup in your hands while being outside in the cold winter weather or sitting underneath a warm blanket and enjoying Christmas movies, ahh, amazing! Hot drinks are my MUST HAVE essential during the Holiday season.
I love to find new delicious recipes every year. Drinks don’t have to be hard to make because you don’t want to spend most of your evening making a drink.
I want to share my three favorite perfectly delicious drinks that I’ve been making all month.


CLASSIC COCOA DRINK
This classic cacao drink is super quick and easy to make as it has only two ingredients in it. I am sure the cocoa drink is well known drink and almost everyone has tried it. It is not too sweet as you don’t use any sweet ingredients.

You’ll need few cups of milk (depends on how many you want to make, f.e. if you want to make one, you’ll need one cup of milk) and 2-3 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder. Pour milk into the medium sized bowl and heat on slow to medium heat, don’t forget to stir so your milk doesn’t burn. When your milk is warm enough, add cocoa powder and stir until your drink is smooth. Serve immediately while hot and add toppings if you want. Since it’s very easy to make the drink, add different kind of toppings – whipped cream, chocolate shavings, marshmallows, sprinkles, small cookies or sweets, etc.

HOT NUTELLA DRINK
Nutella drink is very creamy and tasty as it has chocolate spread in it. I enjoy this drink so much that I always make it for more servings than one.

You’ll need 4 cups of milk (again, depends on how many you want to make), 1-2 tbs. Nutella spread, 2 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 tbs. sugar ( if you want it sweet. I personally didn’t add sugar). Pour milk into the medium sized bowl and heat though, add nutella, cocoa and sugar. Stir until no lumps remain. Serve with desired toppings. I added whipped cream and chocolate sauce on top.

CONDENSED MILK DRINK
This drink contains more ingredients and takes a little bit of time but not too long. I would say that this is also the sweetest drink.  

For two servings, you’ll need ½ can condensed milk, ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 cups milk, 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional) and pinch of salt. Place condensed milk, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and pinch of salt into medium sauce pan. Stir until cocoa is mixed well with condensed milk and no lumps remain. Little by little add milk. Place mixture on the stove and heat though, stirring continiously. Do not boil. Add desired toppings. In my opinion, mini marshmallows are the best topping.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Make yourself a good cup of delicious drink and have a wonderful Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment